Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wisconsin Marathon: 13.1 miles, 6 gel packets, 2 toenails

This is billed as "the Cheesiest Marathon." It's actually a really beautiful run course along Kenosha's lakeshore, very flat and good for a first timer.

Here's the thing: despite my last two disastrous training runs, I felt fabulous the entire course, and mostly because I stayed on top of my hydration and nutrition and didn't wear those cursed CW-X pants. I finished a little slower than I would have liked, but I'm good with that since my longest training run was only ten miles or so.

I finished ahead of 25 people, and was third from last in my age group.

I found it spectacularly ironic that the only cheese sponsor was from Vermont.

I crossed the finish with my sweet husband.

I think I may have lost two toenails in the process, but meh. They're only evolutionary vestigials anyhow.

What more is there to say? It was a good day for a run.

Next up: the South Shore Duathlon, 2 mile run/10 mile bike/2 mile run, in June.

Next goal: a sub-40 minute 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment