Friday, December 24, 2010

Three Things Thursday: Christmas Eve edition

(1) Have I told you I'm training for a marathon? I haven't yet, have I. I will be running the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis, Tennessee in December 2011 to raise money for St. Jude Hospital. I have a connection to Memphis, and to St. Jude, and this marathon, besides being my first, will be a homecoming of sorts. As things get closer, I will explain in more detail. For now let's just say that I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, and not just because I'll be on my feet for 6 hours.

(2) Because the St. Jude is my "A" race this year, I have solidified my race schedule for early spring of 2011. It will include the Steve Cullen 8k run in February, the Luck of the Irish 10k in March, and the Wisconsin half-marathon in May.

(3) My first 5k is next Friday. At noon. Sweetness is pacing me, even though, in real life, he's much, MUCH faster than I am. But he loves me, and I think he likes that I'm doing all this stuff with him. So I'm psyched.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment