Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Five: Complete Lack of Exercise Edition

(1) This massive appellate brief business, having taken the lion's share of my attention and time this week, has meant that I have not gotten to the gym at all, and only spent half an hour at a leisurely pace on the treadmill in the basement, which I hate doing for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I have to stare at unwashed laundry and assorted kid and husband clutter to do it.

(2) This complete lack of exercise has translated into a complete lack of energy and patience on my part. I have also noticed the physical symptoms of stress more acutely than usual, like a tight back and shoulders and headaches.

(3) I miss the gym. Mark this day in history. I miss it because I miss having time to myself in a place where noone bothers me, and I can take a shower in peace, with warm towels to dry off with, and I can focus on myself and my needs.

(4) On a positive note, I've been eating well and sticking to my plan and haven't dived head first into a vat of chocolate, even with the massive stress I've been under.

(5) This brief is due on Tuesday, but it's close to being done, and if I can swing it I'll be shipping it out before then, because I need to run, or bike, or elliptical, or row, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment